Sunday, May 8, 2011

News Update

Writers from all over the Utah area and others that came in from out of state all congregated at the Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center in Salt Lake City this Weekend. I, of course, was among them. The conference itself has been a really fun event for me to look forward to for four or five years now.
Most exciting for me personally was the chance to pitch my manuscript to an agent this year. I've had to bust my tail to get the book finished in time for the conference, and I just managed. Getting the pitch ready was, well, nerve-racking. But, all that is done with now and I can kick back and relax, sort of.
The agent I pitched to requested a full manuscript! Now to touch it up and send it in. I'll be burning the midnight oil this week and getting it ready to send off. All other projects are going to be put on a back-burner and it's "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" on this book.
I do have a few other projects in mind for after that, but until then I have to focus. That deserves all of my attention for the moment, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment