Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Arizona

For those of you who don't know, I recently relocated to Arizona for work. This is a big move for me, and perhaps an even bigger move for my little family. Through it all though, I have to say that I am excited to be here. To that end, I thought I'd liven things up with a top ten reasons to live in Arizona that I've discovered since moving in February. So buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.


  1. No Daylight Savings Time. Do I really need to say more?
  2. London Bridge, yes, the real London Bridge, is in Lake Havasu, AZ. 
  3. Hunting Camels is prohibited. Camel lovers, rejoice. At last, a safe haven for America's roaming camel herds.
  4. It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine. The real stuff though, that must be ok.
  5. There is a corner in Winslow, AZ, where if you drive by you will see these guys:
  6. Arizona is known as one of the driest states with the warmest temperatures, despite having the water from seven states pour through the Grand Canyon.
  7. The world's largest flowering rosebush resides in...you guessed it...Tombstone, AZ. At last, we know what that business at the O K Corral was all about. 
  8. A misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask qualifies as a felony. Iron Man, Daredevil, and Flash, beware.
  9. If you melted down the dome on the State Capitol Building, you could make 4,800,000 pennies with the copper. Also true, if you did so, it would cost you more than 4,800,000 pennies.
  10. And finally, it is illegal for donkey's to sleep in bathtubs. Just don't. You don't want to know. 
Arizona really is a great place to live and we're very happy here. I know that summer is just around the corner, and I've been told by every Arizonan that I will hate it, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. More updates to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment